Thursday 26 February 2009

Day 17

Boy o Boy!!!!

I now see why we got a rest. This was going to be hard. I was looking forward to it though. Got myself focused for the challenge at hand very quickly

Started off with shoulders and hamstrings. This went really well. Went up in weight on the shoulder exercise and did 90kg on the stiff leg deadlift. Good start

I have not done the harrup curls for a while so this would be a great test on the hamstrings. Happy to say I was in more control going down and also using a lot more of the hamstrings to bring myself back up and not pushing off as much. Good sign. Something else to smile about.

The dreaded 40’s came next and this is what usually kills me off. And it certainly did.

That was just shoulders and hamstrings and I was no where close to the end.

Back exercises next and again I was happy with how I was progressing with the chins. Might have to add some weight soon J

I was probably an hour into my session and had to get the banana out. Needed some energy.

Biceps and triceps what came up next. Over 200 reps of each again. I had to keep focus at this point as I was starting to feel tired and focus on my technique. I kept thinking of the end results and kept pushing myself. Now I must say if I was doing thins a couple months ago I would have packed it in by now so this was a testing time for me. It did cross my mind a few times but again got those negatives thoughts out of my mind very quickly

So on I went…

The end was close so that was a bit of a relief.

Last came core exercise and as you can imagine my core was tested after all those exercises. I bit my tongue, made some funny faces and cracked on with it.

Something else to smile about. I completed it all. I was done. It took me about 2 hours today. I cant remember the last time I have done a workout for so long.

I had done it though

Until next time….

Stay Strong, Stay Focused and Keep Faith

No comments:

Post a Comment