Wednesday 11 February 2009

DAY 3

Ok I know I have not posted my pictures yet but I will....

Boy what a day. Got up had breakfast and headed to the gym to get day 3 out of the way. As usual I was very motivated and raring to go. I knew it was going to be another day of pain. I was feeling the effects of day 1 also. My hamstrings were a bit tight and chest was slighty hurting but I soldiered on with my workout.

Here is what came first:

Holistic Set For Quads

Squat x 4-6 reps

Lunges or split squats x 8-12 reps (with weight, of course)

Squat jumps x 40 reps

I had to do 4 sets of these...yip 4 sets. Can you imagine how my legs fealt after doing this? If you are brave enough try it and let me know how you fealt.

There is a little catch to this set....there is minimal rest between either the exercises or the holistic sets themsleves and it needed to be fast.

Great what more could I have asked for. My legs were like jelly after. People were watching me like I was crazy. That wa sonly the beginning....

Next was a chest and back combo.

Bench press x 10

Pullup x 6

Repeat for 4 fast supersets

Like if my pecs were not hurting enough!!!

Then

Bench press x 10

Bent Rows x 8-12

repeat for 4 supersets

Yes you would not believe it more chest....

Then

Bench Press x 10

Straight arm pulldowns x 40

Had to do 2 supersets of these...yessssssss!!!!

Then

2 more sets of straight arm pulldowns x 40

Noooooooooo!!!!!

I bet you thought it was over by now. I was literally half dead by now.


Windmills 1 set x 4-6 reps @ 85%

NO REST

Hanging leg/knee raise 1 set x 10-12 reps @ 70-75%

NO REST

Physio Ball ab curls 1 set x 40 reps

NO REST

repeat x 4 sets

Finally it was over....

I crawled out of the gym after that. To make matters worse I fealt a twinge in my right shoulder which did not feal right. Its actually still hurts slightly. Will have to pop in to see the physio tomorrow at some point.

I survived day 3 and got paid for getting the job done. Looking forward to day 4 now. I am thinking its going to be an easy...well an easier day. Hopefully!!

Will post my measurements again tomorrow and might have to book myself in for a massage some time soon.

Until next time...

Keep focused....Stay Strong

Gavin

No comments:

Post a Comment